Friday, August 22, 2008

Long Time no Post

Yep, it's been ages, and bigbig news to all of my nonexistant readers.
*bigger fanfare*
We're settled!

Huzzah, hoorah, and whatnot.
I've been writing about it so much in places other than the web that I've quite run out of steam, unfortunately. I'll give it a go, though.

Well, I was bored on vacation with a rare opportunity to go online, so I scuttled off to TDF, as usual. We were in Arizona, and Sef had been trying out all of the local forms, for the flavor so to speak. We did raven, skink, coyote (briefly, we've never been much into canids), etc. The ones that we really liked were horned lizard (friggin wicked!) and desert bighorn. Sheep are obviously not me, but we looked up the analysis, anyway. No.

Then, for the hell of it, I clicked the caribou link (caribou have long been a favorite). Surprisingly, it was pretty accurate. I looked briefly for reindeer or caribou other than Peary's, but TDF didn't have more. That was when I think elk caught my eye.

Now, I'd looked at the elk analysis before, but not with a very open mind. I'd dismissed it as "not me at all", and blown on by. But this time, for some reason, everything clicked. It was so flipping perfect that I could've fallen off my chair.

We were hesitant with accepting it, at first. After all, banded mongoose had seemed pretty damn good at the time. But this one just felt right. I'd never felt anything like it in my life. I know that sounds horribly cliché, but it's true. Maybe I'd been using too many sharpies, but that's exactly how it felt. And it's kept feeling that way.

The more I research elk, the more I can find similarities. And it's utterly ridiculous that an animal's beaviour should be applied to human personalities, but it works. With a little tweak of the mind, a flick of the imagination switch, I can see myself exactly as I am in this beautiful animal.

So, Sef and were happily settled on July 14 as a Rocky Mountain elk soul. There have been snags, but most are worked out. I'm now able to categorize my friends into "bull" and "cow" friends, deending on their importance to me and their role in my life. I also have a strange and entirely unscientific explanation for why I get so many headaches, go through periods of intense hatred for my best friends, and like the odd bite of grass for lunch.

Oh, and I'm getting a bugle ringtone for my phone. Check it out.
http://www.elktalkin.com/index.html

No comments: