Saturday, June 14, 2008

Changeling

I've been reading that some people's dæmons are definitely settled, but still change form, even for long periods of time. I'd love for Sef to change form sometimes, so I've been trying to make him. He's ok about it, sort of, but it still feels weird. It doesn't feel like Sef. Maye it's because he's only ever been Sef as one of two types of cats. He's been a fish in the bathtub before, and that was ok, but we weren't being serious about it. I really don't know what I mean by that.

I'd like him to be able to change so that I can visualize him more often. Running up stairs with a slow little kitty isn't so convenient. And Sef's default pose is lying with his paws curled in front of him. He doesn't like to move much. But we've tried out a few forms. Actually, they've all been grey. Maybe that's some kind of subconscious effort on my part to help him feel more comfortable as more things. We've tried our fish (a little silver one with some kind of spot on its side), a Hooded crow (black with grey, and one we know well), a shikra once or twice, and a grey goose. The goose is the one that he freaks out least as.

I should probably stop pushing him, the poor guy. If we're both comfortable with a cat, then we can stay like that. But you can't go swimming with a little fluffball.

No comments: